Sunday, January 6, 2019

What Did YOU Get For Christmas?



     This is a famous question after the holidays, right?
     What I got for Christmas can't be purchased anywhere. In a world that is becoming increasingly materialistic, I got something that has no price tag. I received time. Time with my family.
      It's been three years since all of our children were together, at our house, for the holidays. This year they were back together, along with their significant others, and our precious granddaughter. This was such a blessing for us! The best gift....EVER! We played games, laughed our fannies off, ate, drank, and of course, opened gifts. Though a couple of the significant others had to go be with their families for part of the time, The Jenkins Originals were all together for three glorious days! My heart is full and I am blessed.
 .            
                                                                                                                              So, a few days later, when I went to see my parents on the farm, and they asked me that famous question: “What did you get for Christmas?” I didn't answer with material things. I answered with “Time.” Time I am so very grateful for and time I can never get back. I am so appreciative for all three of our kids being here at the same time, of their people taking time away from their families to be here, and for the time spent making new memories. I am thankful. I am grateful. I am blessed.                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment