Tuesday, January 1, 2019

One Word for 2019


A year ago, I came across this idea of choosing one word as my guiding compass for the ensuing year. I was never really any good at following through with New Year's resolutions, anyway, so this sounded like something I could perhaps pull off. Just one word to guide me through the upcoming year. I even went so far as to have a bracelet engraved with my one word, “Peace,” as a daily gentle reminder to be mindful and take deep breaths; that a higher power was in control and I should have the peace that He knows what he's doing in my life.
This year, the word I chose was “strength.” Strength to change some things that I have the ability to change, but have not been able to. Strength to accept some things over which I, personally, have no control. Strength to push myself outside my comfort zone and on to bigger things that I could only have dreamed about just a few short years ago.
Yes, I did get a new bracelet made to remind me of my one word. Yes, this word is going to be a challenge. However, much like “peace,” I believe that I have the inner strength to face this year head-on! Join me and choose your One Word at GetOneWord.com and see where 2019 can take you!

No comments:

Post a Comment