Saturday, January 9, 2021

Craziness: Things I Never Thought I'd See or Do

 

Never, in a million years, did I ever dream I would be living though a worldwide pandemic.

I sure never thought I would see American people, out of control, storming the capitol building in Washington, D.C. I thought we were more civilized than the third world countries I seen taken over by coups.  No matter which side of the aisle you're on, the violence and destruction of property is never acceptable. Never! Making a noose, waving weapons in the air, making threats of violence, these I do not condone.  I teach my students about the importance of using your words and not weapons and violence. What about what those children are seeing? Grown Americans acting like fools, going against what those very children are being told is not okay. How do we rationalize that to our young, vulnerable, children. That are watching and listening. You can be darned sure they are taking mental notes.

And speaking of young children; when I began my teaching career back in 1983, I never dreamed that I'd still be at it, and still loving what I do!  
And while were talking about professional experience, there is no way I ever dreamed that organizers of national educational conferences would ever think that what I had to say was important. That being said, I am putting together a presentation to share at my 3rd national conference, and then meet the man who gave a work and meaning to how I thought education should always be. Who knew??

And lastly, who would have thought that I would be a published author? I was a contributing author to "Stories in Edu: Sailing With a Fleet." A my new friend and edu-hero, Jim, (pictured above) would use a quote from my story in his presentation!  


No comments:

Post a Comment