Monday, September 3, 2018

So, I JustHave To Wonder.....




Fifty years ago, this month, my father died in Vietnam, when a plane he was piloting crashed just three miles short of the runway to the base he was flying from. So, I just have to wonder.....
…..how differently my life may have turned out if this major, traumatic even hadn't happened. You see, I was in the second grade when he died. To say I didn't handle it well, would be an understatement. Thankfully, I was blessed to have that one, very special teacher. That kind, compassionate adult, who took me under her wing and nurtured my poor broken heart and mind. Who made me feel safe again in a world where everything on the news was horrible and scary.
…..would I have become a teacher? There's a say that goes like this: “A teacher's influence affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops.” My second grade teacher was that teacher for me. Her kindness, in my time of need, could never be repaid.
The Bible says that God has already mapped out your life before you're ever born. God knows what he's doing, for there is nothing else I'd rather be doing in my life than making a difference in the lives of children, every day, just as my second grade teacher did for me all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment