Monday, June 1, 2015

The Summer of Family

Every summer, since I began teaching, it feel like I have been involved in some sort of professional development, whether it be committee work, continuing education, or work on my master's degree.  This summer, for the first time that I can remember, I am taking the summer off!  Yes!  You are reading correctly!  Everything has been sent in for my teaching license renewal, so I don't NEED any professional development.  This is why I've made the decision to fall back, renew, and re-energize by spending time with family!
     The first step was this past weekend, when I made an impromptu visit to see our son who is three hours away.  It was heavenly!  The time was short because he was in a golf tournament.  Some time is better than no time and I loved seeing him.  He is always so full of fun!!
     This next weekend, I will be traveling to TX to see our oldest daughter and her family.  I will be able to watch our amazing granddaughter play softball and then spend the following week taking her to and from Bible School, something that has become a tradition with us!  <3
     The weekend after I am in TX, our daughter, who works for Habitat for Humanity, in GA, is coming home because she wants "to spend he quarter-of-a-century birthday with the people who gave her life!"  How awesome is that?!?  I'm going to help her drive back and spend a few days with her after her visit with us.
     On July 5th, our beautiful granddaughter is coming to spend a week with us!  I will firm up those plans while I'm in TX.  :)
     The one of the last two weekends in July, our son and his girlfriend are coming here for a visit!
     The first weekend in August, my husband and I will celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary!
     School resumes, for teachers, on August 12th.

1 comment: